We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Information we may collect
We may collect, maintain, and use the following personal information:
- Information about your computer and your visits to, and use of this website. This includes: your location; IP address; browser; operating system; referral source; length of visit; individual page views; site navigation
- Information that relates to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
Information that you provide to us when registering with us:
- Information that you provide when subscribing to our email notifications/newsletters
- Any additional information that you knowingly and freely send to us
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website and its database
- Improve your browsing experience by tailoring the website to suit your needs
- Enable your use of the products and services available on the website:
- Supply to you products and services purchased via the website
- Send invoices and statements to you, and collect payments from you
- Send you general communications and notifications relating to your account (non-marketing)
- Send you forwarding email notifications that relate to your account and that you have specifically requested
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business by post or, where you have specifically agreed, by email or similar technology. These communications can be unsubscribed from at any point.
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users. Please note, this information will not be used to identify any individual user or company
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
- We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing without your prior consent.
- Our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services provider. We will share information with our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing the payments you make via our website, and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments. We do not store any of our customer’s payment/financial details.
Identification using cookies
When you visit advertise-a-job.com we send one or more “cookies” to your computer. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer or device when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognise and track the web browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other relevant information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies, or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
We use both “session cookies” and “persistent cookies” on the website. We use session cookies to monitor your navigation of the website, and we may use persistent cookies to enable our website to identify you when you revisit it.
Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until they are deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Many browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including advertise-a-job.co.uk.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
As you browse advertise-a-job.com and other websites, online ad networks we work with may place anonymous cookies on your computer, and use similar technologies, in order to understand your interests based on your (anonymous) online activities, and thus to tailor more relevant ads to you. If you do not wish to receive such tailored advertising, you can visit this page to opt out of most companies that engage in such advertising. (This will not prevent you from seeing ads; the ads simply will not be delivered through these targeting methods.)
Any third party applications such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Vimeo that may appear on our website implement their own cookies, and you should refer to their policies for reference.
What our cookies DON’T collect are: Your Name; Your Address; Contact Numbers; Credit Card Details.
Disclosure of information
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. Including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Security of personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us may be encrypted. However, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- The payment of an admin fee to The Hiring Hub Ltd (£25.00 plus VAT)
- Evidence of your identity
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by writing to us at any time.
International internet publication
Personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the Internet and may be available, via the Internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
Third party websites
Our website contains links to other websites and blogs. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, opinions, or practices of third party websites.
Please contact us if your personal information needs to be corrected or updated.