General website terms & conditions
The general terms contained on this page apply to all users of Our Site. Please read this section of the terms carefully.
www.advertise-a-job.com (“Our Site“) is a website and trade name operated by The Hiring Hub Ltd (“Hiring Hub” or “We” or “Us” or “Our”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07425227 and have our registered address at Fourways House, 57 Hilton Street, Manchester M1 2EJ.
These site terms
Access to and use of our Website or any sites owned or operated by The Hiring Hub Limited which are accessible from it are provided by The Hiring Hub Limited, subject to these site terms (“Site Terms”).
Please read and review these Site Terms carefully before accessing or using Our Site. By accessing and using any part of Our Site you acknowledge that you have read, understood and accept these Site Terms and agree to abide by them. If you do not fully accept Our Site Terms we request you not to access or use Our Site. We reserve the right to change Our Site and these Site Terms, at any time without notice, by posting changes on line. You are responsible for checking these Site Terms every time that you access Our Site, in order ensure that you are aware of any changes. Your continued access to and use of Our Site, after changes are posted, constitutes your acceptance of the amended Site Terms.
Accessing our site
Access to Our Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services provided on Our Site without notice. While we endeavour to make Our Site available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if, for any reason, Our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to Our Site may be suspended temporarily or permanently, without notice.
Content & functionality
While we endeavour to ensure that information on Our Site is correct, no undertaking, warranty or representation (expressed or implied) is given as to its accuracy, currency, fitness for purpose or completeness.
We do not warrant that the functions available on Our Site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, that Our Site will be compatible with any hardware or software that you may use, or that the server that makes it available is free of viruses or bugs. Although we may implement security measures for your protection, you acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements. You confirm that you are aware of and assume all risks related to the use of the internet, including risks of damage to your software and hardware due to the presence in Our Site or any other related website of a virus or any other element capable of altering the computer system.
Viruses, hacking & other offences
You must not misuse Our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Our Site, the server on which it is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Our Site. You must not attack Our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use Our Site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of Our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it. You are advised to virus check all materials and/or content accessed and/or downloaded from Our Site using commercially available, up to date virus checking software.
Links & third party content
This Site may contain links to websites of third parties. These are provided for your information only. We are not responsible for the contents or reliability of any other websites to which Our Site provides a link and we do not endorse the views expressed within them. Furthermore, providing links to those websites does not imply a suggestion or recommendation to visit them. We shall not be liable for any damages, direct or indirect, which users might suffer, derived from the information contained in said websites, or from the relationship that might arise between users and third parties whose services have been published on Our Site. In particular, we do not accept any liability arising out of any allegation that any third party owned content (whether published on this, or any other, website) infringes the intellectual property rights of any person or any liability arising out of any information or opinion contained on such third party website or content.
Linking to our site
You may create a link from another website which is owned by you to the home page of Our Site, provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or goodwill, or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part, except with our prior written consent.
This Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of Our Site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw any linking permission without notice. If you wish to make use of material on Our Site other than as set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We cannot guarantee that you have any right to use third party owned content which is available on Our Site and you must obtain permission from the third party owner before using or downloading such content.
Intellectual property rights
The contents of Our Site are protected by copyright and other intellectual property around the world. Unless otherwise stated, all the intellectual property rights in Our Site, including without limitation all artwork, pictures, images, graphics, text, materials, documents, RSS feeds, audio files, podcasts, video files, flash tutorials, graphics devices and code contained in it (together ‘Materials‘) on Our Site and the design, layout, look and appearance of Our Site are owned by us or our third party providers. You are permitted to use and download such Materials or extracts from Our Site, subject to all of the following:
- You must not, in any way, modify any such Materials, except as we expressly permit.
- No part of Our Site or its Materials may be reproduced or stored in any form or media, without our express prior written consent.
- Any rights not expressly granted in these Site Terms are reserved to us.
All product names, whether or not appearing in print or with the trademark symbol are trademarks belonging to us or our affiliates, related companies or licensors (unless otherwise noted). The use or misuse of these trademarks or any other materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited and may be in violation of copyright law, trademark law, the law of slander and libel, the law of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
Any communication or other material that you send to us through the internet or post on Our Site by electronic mail or otherwise, such as any questions, comments or suggestions, are and will be deemed to be non-confidential and non-proprietary and we shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with us you agree to grant us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use, copy, distribute, disclose, display, exhibit, transmit and create derivative works from the material in any way we want (including modifying or deleting it). In order that we can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any laws and that you have the right to give us permission to use it for the purposes specified above. We shall not be liable or owe any compensation for use or disclosure of your contributions. We are permitted to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to Our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or their right to privacy.
Limitation of liability
You agree that access to and use of Our Site is at your own risk and sole discretion.
IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE HIRING HUB LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THIS SITE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, LOSS OF DATA, COSTS, FEES OR EXPENSES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF OR RELATE TO THE INFORMATION DOWNLOADED OR OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH THIS SITE OR THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT THEREOF, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence, nor any liability for fraudulent misrepresentations, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or special damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
How to contact us
You can contact us by writing to:
Hiring-Hub.com, Fourways House, 57 Hilton Street, Manchester M1 2EJ.
The English courts have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, your visit or use of Our Site. These Site Terms are governed by, and shall be interpreted in accordance with, English law.
Terms of business
This page together with the documents it refers to tells you the Terms under which you may make use of the Services provided via Our Site. Please read these Terms carefully before you make use of Our Services.
By registering or engaging with Us in any way to use the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. These Terms shall apply each time you use Our Services (unless otherwise agreed in writing) and shall prevail over any inconsistent terms or conditions contained, or referred to, in your standard terms of business or any other document supplied by you, or implied by law, industry custom, practice or course of dealing. In the event of any dispute between your standard terms of business and these Terms, these Terms shall prevail. We reserve the right to modify these Terms, at any time without notice, by posting changes on Our Site. You are responsible for checking these Terms every time that you make use of Our Services, in order ensure that you are aware of any changes. Your continued access to and use of Our Services, after changes are posted, constitutes your acceptance of the amended Terms.
By accepting these Terms you warrant that you have full capacity and authority to enter into and perform an Agreement with us to use Our Services, and are duly authorised to bind the party for whom you act. You should print a copy of these Terms for future reference. You must also read our General Website terms and conditions, which govern your use of Our Site, which can be found here: https://www.advertise-a-job.com/terms-advertise-a-job.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
We are www.advertise-a-job.com, a “Website” and Trade Name operated by The Hiring Hub Ltd (“Hiring Hub” or “We” or “Us” or “Our”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07425227 and have our registered address at Fourways House, 57 Hilton Street, Manchester M1 2EJ. The Hiring Hub Ltd, for the purposes of this agreement, includes any subsidiary or associated company (as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006) of The Hiring Hub Ltd.
For the avoidance of doubt The Hiring Hub Ltd is not acting as an employment agency as defined in the Employment Agencies Act 1973. Through the Website The Hiring Hub Ltd provides a copywriting, editing, optimising and online advertising service for its Clients and is not involved in the actual transaction between Clients and Candidates.
You are a Client or potential Client of Ours and are the recipient of these Terms of Business and “You” and “Your” refers to you. For the purposes of this agreement “You” includes any subsidiary or associated company (as defined by Companies Act 2006) of yours.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
For the purpose of these Terms, the following definitions shall apply:
Additional Services Any recruitment related service as agreed between The Hiring Hub Ltd and the Client.
Advertisement A notice designed to attract Applications from Candidates in relation to a Client’s Requirement.
Agreement The agreement between Us and You pursuant to which You make use of Our Services, the terms of which are set out in these Terms.
Application A written or verbal request by a Candidate to have their CV considered for a Client’s Requirement.
Candidate A person who applies for an advertised vacancy on any job board site, affiliated job board site, or online site or through any electronic communication, including social media.
Client A person, a limited company, a limited liability partnership, a sole trader, or a partnership that uses Our Site to post details of one or more Requirements with the view of employing a Candidate.
Credit A credit entitles the Client to place one Requirement with Us, and is valid for 12 months from the time of purchase (at which point it will expire). The Fee for a Credit is as set out on Our Site from time to time and may vary; however variations will not affect Credits already purchased (if the charges change, Clients will not be charged extra or offered a refund or partial refund for Credits already purchased but not used).
CV The curriculum vitae or any other document that outlines the details of a Candidate’s education, training, skills and employment experience which is provided to Us by a Candidate for distribution to a Client with a view to securing a Requirement.
Dashboard means an online portal provided by The Hiring Hub Ltd allowing Clients to submit new Requirements, search and review Applications, and coordinate their recruitment activity.
Data Protection Laws: The EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) the Data Protection Act 2018 (currently the Data Protection Bill 2017), any applicable statutory or regulatory provision, as amended or updated from time to time, and all European Directives and regulations in force from time to time relating to the protection and transfer of personal data.
Fees The Fees and charges payable by the Client to The Hiring Hub Ltd in return for the provision of Our Services, as detailed on Our Site.
Filtering A manual and/or automated process of filtering and ranking Applications to provide a shortlist for a Requirement.
Intellectual Property means patents, trademarks, registered designs, design rights, service marks, applications for any of the foregoing, trade and business names, copyright, know-how and any other intellectual property anywhere in the world.
Job Boards will include but not be limited to: Monster, Reed.co.uk, Totaljobs, CV Library, Indeed, and Fish4Jobs, and industry specific sites from time to time but no single job board is guaranteed. The Company will use its best endeavours to utilise the most appropriate sites for the Client and job roles. Normal practice is to place the Advertisement on all of the aforementioned job boards.
Material Misrepresentation means any deliberate hiding or falsification of a material fact which, if known to us, could have significantly altered the basis of Our Agreement.
Our Site www.advertise-a-job.com
Requirement means a request from the Client in any form for The Hiring Hub Ltd to introduce a Candidate or provide any other advertising, searching or Filtering service.
Services means any service that, through Advertise a Job, The Hiring Hub Ltd agrees to provide to a Client (other than Our Marketplace Services which are subject to separate terms and conditions and available to view at http://www.hiring-hub.com/terms-of-use/).
Terms are these terms and conditions under which you may make use of Our Services.
In these Terms words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa, and words importing the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender and vice versa.
In these Terms any reference to a statute, statutory provision or any subordinate legislation shall be construed as including a reference to that statute, provision or subordinate legislation as from time to time modified or consolidated, superseded, re-enacted or replaced.
Nothing in these Terms will create a partnership or joint venture between us. We are an independent provider of Services to You and are not employed by You.
These Terms are deemed to be accepted by the Client when an order is agreed.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing by a director of the Company, these Terms shall prevail over any other terms of business or purchase conditions put forward by the Client.
No variation or alteration of these Terms shall be valid unless approved in writing by a director of the Company.
You agree to these Terms and that:
- Your Requirement must be honest, truthful, legal and decent and must not infringe the rights of any third party;
- When issuing a Requirement You shall provide to Us sufficient and accurate information to enable Us to write an Advertisement;
- You will act professionally and in good faith with Us and Candidates;
- It is Your responsibility to satisfy yourself as to the suitability of any Candidate for the purposes of the Requirement for which the Candidate has been selected by you. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, it is acknowledged by You that it is for You to take up references, to check the truthfulness of a Candidate’s Application, properly screen the candidate and check the validity of qualifications and, where necessary, to ensure that the Candidate is capable of operating any equipment and/or machinery to the appropriate level;
- It is Your responsibility to ensure that the Candidate is eligible to work in the UK, to obtain any work and other permits and for ensuring that the Candidate satisfies any medical requirements or other qualifications that may be appropriate or required by law;
- You shall use Your best endeavours to keep confidential any confidential information of any Candidate (including without limitation any CV or other information provided in support of an Application) that is provided to you in connection with the Services.
By reason of Your acceptance of responsibility as set out in the clauses above We shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of any representation made by Us in good faith that may have induced You to accept a Candidate, or for any breach of contract, negligence or tort of the Candidate and You will fully indemnify and keep Us so indemnified against any claim or action (including the costs thereof on an indemnity basis) brought by a Candidate or another business (of any kind) with which We have been dealing in relation to a Requirement arising from incorrect or incomplete information provided by You to Us.
ADVERTISE A JOB OBLIGATIONS
- To use all reasonable endeavours to create an Advertisement and distribute it across placed multiple Job Boards to attract Candidates for You to directly hire in accordance with Your Requirements;
- To provide such Additional Services as may be agreed in writing from time to time;
- To provide you with access to Your Dashboard provided that you are at all times in compliance with these Terms.
Whilst at all times We shall act in good faith, We give no guarantee or warranty that We will be able to locate a suitable Candidate, or that any Candidate is suitable for Your purposes at any time. Refunds are not available in the event that no suitable Candidate is found.
Access to Your Dashboard on Our Site is not guaranteed and may expire at any time without notice. We therefore recommend Clients make their own appropriate backups and logs of activities. You are not permitted to share access to Your Dashboard and must take reasonable steps to ensure Your login credentials are kept confidential. Use of Your Dashboard is bound by the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- We may advertise Your Requirement on any website or other media controlled by us or any affiliated third party, or enter into any agreement for the provision of services with any third party for the purpose of filling Your Requirement;
- We may change the websites on which We advertise Your Requirement without notice;
- We make no guarantee that Your Advertisement will be accepted by certain websites;
- We are under no obligation to supply proof that Your Requirement has been advertised;
- The Requirement will be visible to anyone with Internet access;
- We may need to amend Your Advertisement in order to optimise Your results for Job Boards searching and to attract suitable Candidates;
- We are unable to make any amendments to Your Advertisement once it has been processed;
- Advertisements will be branded ‘Advertise a Job’, and no active email addresses, contact details or web links will be displayed or published;
- On certain Job Boards, including CV Library, We shall use Your brand for the purpose of Advertising;
- Advertisements will be shown for a maximum of 28-days, after which time they shall expire;
- Any Requirement which indicates, or can reasonably be understood as indicating, an intention to discriminate on grounds of sex, race, disability or age will not be accepted unless it is exempted from the requirements of the Sex Discrimination Acts or the Race Relations Acts or Disability Acts or the Age Discrimination Acts. A statement must be made in writing at the time the Requirement is placed or Service used stating which of the exemptions in the Act(s) is considered to apply. We reserve the right to refuse any Advertisement We consider illegal or inappropriate for any reason.
- Applications will only be sent to the Client that the Candidate intended;
- We shall not share Applications with other Clients or third parties unless specifically requested by a Candidate;
You acknowledge and/or agree that:
- We reserve the right to communicate with Candidates for marketing and promotional purposes;
- All Intellectual Property in the Advertisement We use shall belong to Us and You are not authorised to copy, reproduce or otherwise use this work without our prior written consent;
- You may not use any of Our Intellectual Property without the prior written consent of a director.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- You shall use Your best endeavours to keep any information relating to a Candidate confidential and not use it for any purpose other than the purpose You disclose to Us at the time the information is requested;
- In relation to a Candidate’s information You will act at all times in accordance with the Data Protection Laws;
- You shall not directly nor indirectly pass Candidate information on to a third party;
- You shall not divulge to any other party, or use for Your own benefit, any information capable of being confidential relating to the affairs of Our business or business methods, or confidential information, received from each other, except that which is in the public domain or authorised to be released by us or required by Court Order (details of which you shall share with us prior to making any disclosure).
- You may delete or request in writing the deletion or return of all personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Laws) on termination of the Services. Where You have not deleted the personal data prior to the termination of the Services, We automatically delete all personal data after six months following the date of termination of the Services unless otherwise required by applicable law.
- You acknowledge and accept that a Candidate shall also have the right to withdraw their consent to the use of their personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Laws) at any time and may request that We permanently delete all data held about that Candidate from Our Site [and the Job Boards}. In the event that a Candidate exercises their rights in this clause, We shall notify You and request that You promptly and permanently delete all the data held about that Candidate from Our Site. In the event that You do not do so within a reasonable time, and have not notified Us of any necessity for You or Us to retain the personal data, We reserve the right to remove such personal data and shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage suffered by You arising from such Candidate exercising their rights.
PAYMENT & FEES
The Fees for the Services are those stated on Our Site or as otherwise agreed in writing by a representative of Advertise a Job and the Client at the time of receiving a Requirement (tailored packages have varying fees, as agreed at the point of order);
Unless otherwise agreed in writing payment must be received by Us from the Client prior to the Advertisement being posted across multiple Job Boards;
Our fees are subject to change with notice given on Our Site or via any other means of communication. Any such change shall be effective immediately following such notice, or at such other time as set out in the notice;
Payment is due upfront and may be made by debit card, credit card, PayPal, BACS or cheque. A pro-forma invoice may also be issued for upfront payment. We will not commence the Services until full payment has been received;
Any discounted or specially negotiated fee terms shall only be available if payment is received upfront. If payment has not been received upfront standard fee and/or payment terms shall apply;
The Client is paying for the products and services provided by Us as a Candidate attraction solution, and We cannot be held accountable for the success of a campaign leading to hire;
Advertising by nature is unpredictable and while we endeavour to ensure your advert is professionally written and distributed across the UK’s top job board, We do not supply refunds in respect of an unsatisfactory response to an Advertisement;
We shall be entitled to charge interest on any sums not paid on time in accordance with Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 (as amended);
All Fees are exclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) or other applicable sales tax. VAT will be charged at the applicable rate.
Although we have taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software viruses, we advise you to perform your own virus checks on electronic communications you receive from Us, including but not limited to: email, social media links, communication through Your Dashboard, links to websites from a Candidate’s CV. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.
Any communications You receive from Us via email, social media, or through Our Dashboard, including any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the communication to the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and then delete the message from your system. You are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution and/or reproduction of the message and/or any attachments by unintended recipients is unauthorised and may be unlawful.
We may terminate this Agreement if:
- After providing written notice to the Client of breach of these Terms, such breaches are not rectified within five working days by the Client;
- The Client fails to pay Us on the due date any sums that may be due;
- The Client makes any Material Misrepresentation;
- The Client is using the Services for any improper use or with the intention of damaging the reputation of The Hiring Hub Ltd.
You have the right to withdraw the Requirement for any reason at any time with no right to any refund.
IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE HIRING HUB LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES WHICH ARE INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, LOSS OF DATA, COSTS, FEES OR EXPENSES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF OR RELATE TO THE USE OF OUR SERVICES, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO THE CLIENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO TWICE THE AMOUNT OF THE APPLICABLE FEE FOR OUR SERVICES.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence, nor any liability for fraudulent misrepresentations, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
All and any interaction and communication between the Client and any Candidate is the responsibility of the Client, and We accept no liability whatsoever therewith.
You agree to indemnify Us from all claims, costs and expenses (including legal expenses) resulting from Your breach of these Terms.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
For the purpose of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999, this Agreement does not and is not intended to give any rights, or any right to enforce any of its provisions, to any person who is not a party to it.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, by using Our Site and Service You give Us permission to disclose our business relationship to other parties to promote Our provenance. This includes (but is not limited to) your company name, logo, testimonials and any written or verbal communication.
These Terms contain the entire and only Agreement for the Services between Us and You, and supersedes all previous agreements relating to the same.
Each party acknowledges and agrees that in entering into this Agreement it has not relied on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, undertaking or warranty, whether oral or in writing, save as are expressly set out in this Agreement.
No changes can be made to these Terms without prior written consent by a director.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The laws of England and Wales govern this Agreement and all non-contractual obligations arising out of it. The parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.