Last Updated: 18 May 2018
Our contact details are:
The Hiring Hub Limited
57 Hilton Street
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the courtesy to hear your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Third party links
Our website includes links to third party websites or services. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share information about you. We do not control these third party websites and are not responsible for their privacy policies, opinions, or practices. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
The information we collect
Personal information, or personal data, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include information where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, maintain, and use the following personal information:
- Information that you provide to us when registering with us (Identity Data, Contact Data, Financial Data and Profile Data);
- Information that relates to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our products and services (Transaction Data);
- Information about your computer and your visits to, and use of this website. This includes: your location; IP address; browser; operating system; referral source; length of visit; individual page views; site navigation (Usage Data);
- Information that you provide when subscribing to our email notifications/newsletters (Marketing and Communications Data);
- Any additional information that you knowingly and freely send to us.
We do not collect any special categories of personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Failure to provide personal information
Where we are required to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of the contract we have with you and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you, such as providing you with our products and services. In this situation, we may have to cancel the products and services you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Collecting your personal information
Your personal information is collected through a number of different methods including:
- Direct interactions when you apply for our products and services, create an account on our website, subscribe to our products and services, request marketing to be sent to you and give us some feedback;
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect the personal information using cookies and other similar technologies;
- Third parties or publicly available sources such as:
- Technical Data from analytics providers, advertising networks and search information providers;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from provider of technical, payment and delivery services; and
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators, and from publicly available sources (such as Companies House).
Using your personal information
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- Register you as a new customer for use of our products and services;
- Enable your use of the products and services available on the website;
- Supply you with products and services purchased via the website;
- Send invoices and statements to you, and collect payments from you;
- Manage our relationship with you, including sending you general communications and notifications relating to your account (non-marketing);
- Send you forwarding email notifications that relate to your account and that you have specifically requested;
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business if you have requested information from us or purchased products or services from us, or provided your details when you registered for a promotion, and in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. These communications can be unsubscribed from at any point;
- Administer and protect our business, the website and its database, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support reporting and hosting of data;
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users. Please note, this information will not be used to identify any individual user or company;
- Improve your browsing experience by tailoring the website to suit your needs;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us;
- We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing without your express opt-in consent;
- We do not store any of our customers’ financial details. Our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services provider. We will share information with our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing the payments you make via our website, and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time.
When you visit our website we send one or more “cookies” to your computer. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer or device when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognise and track the web browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other relevant information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies, or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
We may use both “session cookies” and “persistent cookies” on the website. We may use session cookies to monitor your navigation of the website, and we may use persistent cookies to enable our website to identify you when you revisit it.
Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until they are deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Many browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including Hiring-Hub.com.
Disclosure of personal information
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. Including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk;
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information;
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose please contact us.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above, where this is required or permitted by law.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us may be encrypted. However, we cannot guarantee the security of information sent over the Internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
We have put in place procedure to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your personal information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
We do not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal information, including:
- Requesting access to your personal information;
- Requesting correction of your personal information;
- Requesting erasure of your personal information;
- Objecting to processing of your personal information;
- Requesting restriction of processing your personal information;
- Request transfer of your personal information;
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
As a security measure, we may require specific information from you to confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or exercise any of your other rights).
We endeavour to respond to all legitimate requests within one month, however, it may take longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.